- Read through Deshpande’s overview of the Ātmanepada and on the Ātmanepada Present page:
- watch the lesson’s videos
- practice reciting the वद् and भाष् present paradigms, noting the differences between them
- and complete the included quiz
- Complete Exercise 4 to hand in at the beginning of class.
- On the Vowel Sandhi page, watch the video provided and complete its short quiz.
- Provide the pre-sandhi forms of the following pairs of words that have been changed by sandhi: तस्मायिति, वन इह, पर्वतयेव, शिशविह, पशवाकाशे, गुरविच्छामि, धेनवेतद्, धेन इह, शिश एवम्, तस्मा अपि, मुनावपि, ग्राम एव
- Use the provided flashcards to begin to memorize the lesson’s verbs and practice its sandhi, using the accompanying audio to check your pronunciation.
- On the Flashcards page, quiz yourself on the lesson’s vocabulary and sandhi rules; this will help you to complete your exercises quickly and with a minimum of frustration!
- On the page for -a present tenses, practice reciting the Ā. present tense paradigm of भाष् with the audio recording provided until you can recite it on your own. This will also save you time in all of the exercises going forward.
- Complete Exercises 1.10-14 and 3.12-14 to hand in at the beginning of class.
- Read the Lesson’s sentences along with Deshpande’s audio of them in the tab above, focusing on pronouncing your dentals, retroflexes and aspirates correctly.