Once you’ve watched the videos for this lesson, you should practice its new verb forms (the gerund and infinitive) below. Note in particular which verb roots take the -इ affix, unexpected weakening and internal sandhi.
Gerunds / Infinitives
Note that the cards have a few useful modes and options
Under “Options” in the upper right corner, you can select:
- “START WITH > Both Sides” to learn the meanings of words.
- “MOTION > Flow” to reveal the translation while keeping the Sanskrit in view (rather than flipping between them).
- “AUDIO > Advanced > Sanskrit Audio On (English Audio Off)” to hear the Sanskrit for every term without the computer generated audio for English
- “▶” to play the cards in the set automatically
- and a shuffle mode to randomly dealphebatize the set.
- either on the word itself or on the speaker symbol will play the audio for the term.
- on the star will create a separate subset of words for review.